Once there was a time when Google Chrome was user friendly…
Then came the new ‘profile switcher logic’ monster … it encountered the profile icon on the cosy left side of the title bar, swallowed it and moved itself somewhere to that odd place on the right side of the title bar… making the mouse distance almost a search for the holy grail and forcing you with that extra click to move your pointer to the ‘switch person’ link and then continuing the mouse travel to the ‘what’s your quest’ bridgekeeper.
But then suddenly a fairy came by and accidently right clicked on the profile name, revealing a speedy way to switch profiles… and this was a gift, meant to be published on the electronic highway.
Ran into some problems recently with XAMPP. Exported a large mySQL production database and tried to import it locally in XAMPP (through Shell access).
Error: ERROR 1118 <42000> at line 437919: Row size too large <> 8126>. Changing some columns to TEXT or BLOB or using ROW_FORMAT=DYNAMIC or ROW_FORMAT=COMPRESSED may help. In current row format, BLOB prefix of 768 bytes is stored inline.
First I tried changing table to ROW_FORMAT=COMPRESSED doing so:
ALTER TABLE <tablename>
No success with that. Then I changed innodb_buffer_pool_size to 32MB (default setting was 8 or 16) in my.ini (mySQL config file in XAMPP)
# Comment the following if you are using InnoDB tables
innodb_data_home_dir = "/Sites/xampp-portable-win32-1.8.3-5-VC11/mysql/data"
innodb_data_file_path = ibdata1:10M:autoextend
innodb_log_group_home_dir = "/Sites/xampp-portable-win32-1.8.3-5-VC11/mysql/data"
#innodb_log_arch_dir = "/Sites/xampp-portable-win32-1.8.3-5-VC11/mysql/data"
## You can set .._buffer_pool_size up to 50 - 80 %
## of RAM but beware of setting memory usage too high
innodb_buffer_pool_size = 32M
innodb_additional_mem_pool_size = 2M
## Set .._log_file_size to 25 % of buffer pool size
innodb_log_file_size = 10M
innodb_log_buffer_size = 32M
innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit = 1
innodb_lock_wait_timeout = 50
innodb_file_per_table = 1
innodb_file_format = Barracuda
Doing so made it possible to import a 1GB sql table without any problem.
One of my previous posts guided you to the process of moving your library location from drive X to drive Y with the aid of a HEX-editor. This was tested for Winamp version 5.61. It was a rather complex approach, since iTunes XML import did not work in that version.
I have tested this again with Winamp version 5.666 and XML export/import works perfectly.
Make a backup copy of your Winamp profile (c:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Winamp\*)
Remove everything from your current playlist
On the media library tab, click local library
Click Library button and export media database
Open the generated XML file, and with a program like notepad++, you can find & replace the <key>location</key> values to the new location. Save the file
Remove everything in your library
Close and reopen Winamp
On the library button, choose import media database and point to the new XML file you created
In a previous post I helped you to switch your music library from iTunes to Winamp, without losing any metadata (such as last play date, play count, rating…). Now Winamp has stopped releasing new versions, some might want to switch back sooner or later. I’ve made the switch as a kind of experiment to see whether it would be possible to keep (the most valuable metadata). iTunes won’t be able to please me in the near future, but as time goes by, it might be the only easy way to sync with my old iPod Classic and iPad.
What do you need?
– Winamp 5.666 (media library required, standard Winamp installation)
– Your favorite txt notepad software with find/replace features (Notepad++, GVim, …)
– iTunes 126.96.36.199
It will please you to hear that moving the library back to iTunes is less complicated than the reverse option.
Start up Winamp
The default view has a button called ‘library’ at the bottom of the left column (media library column). Click, and choose ‘export media database’. This will create an iTunes XML library database.
Start up your favorite txt editor
Open the XML file created by Winamp in the previous step. Replace F below with the drive letter on your system. Find:
(so the only thing that needs replacement is %5 to /)
Save and close XML file
Start up iTunes
File (Alt + F) > Library > Import playlist… Choose the XML file
If you have lots of media files, this will take some time.